posted 10 days ago by
nowyouknow

Buy 3 Items, Save 30% - combines with clippable coupons. Only valid on the items shown on the landing page.

It wouldn't allow me to add three of the same item from the landing page, but once I added three then went to my cart I was able to adjust the quantity. I'm stocking up on Neosporin and it looks like some of them will only allow you to do a max quantity of 2 so you have to change things around to get the best deal for whatever you're purchasing. I was also offered $1 no-rush digital credit but I know that's YMMV.

10 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
i keep getting the STUPID prime pantry credit!!! so 2 days it is since they will not ever offer my account anything else
thanks op otherwise good deal!

rated:
You do know Neosporin expires, I can never get through even one tube.

rated:
jschuman said:   You do know Neosporin expires, I can never get through even one tube.

Mostly a myth,
https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/drug-expiration-dates-do-they-mean-anything 

"Most of what is known about drug expiration dates comes from a study conducted by the Food and Drug Administration at the request of the military. With a large and expensive stockpile of drugs, the military faced tossing out and replacing its drugs every few years. What they found from the study is 90% of more than 100 drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, were perfectly good to use even 15 years after the expiration date."

rated:
Thanks.  Got two Ipads and a 75" TV.

rated:
jschuman said:   You do know Neosporin expires, I can never get through even one tube.

Not sure if you have a Dollar Tree near you, but they sell a 0.33oz tube for $1 there that is exactly the same ingredients as the name brand.

rated:
sportsfan64 said:   Thanks.  Got two Ipads and a 75" TV.
  Green, for humor...

rated:
rushhound said:   
  Mostly a myth,
https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/drug-expiration-dates-do-they-mean-anything 

"Most of what is known about drug expiration dates comes from a study conducted by the Food and Drug Administration at the request of the military. With a large and expensive stockpile of drugs, the military faced tossing out and replacing its drugs every few years. What they found from the study is 90% of more than 100 drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, were perfectly good to use even 15 years after the expiration date."

Of course the study said that because that was the objective of the study. Conflict of interest.

rated:
ocean935 said:   
rushhound said:   
  Mostly a myth,

Of course the study said that because that was the objective of the study. Conflict of interest.

Not really. Some companies put dates on to limit liability, most put them on for inventory control. Surprisingly few things really expire at the rates manufacturers put on them. I recall receiving medications that were years past date (in a major disaster relief effort in Asia) - worked fine without unusually high failure rates. Not true for all drugs, but many.

Same as with dates on canned goods - originally put on by manufacturers to manage inventory, but then people started thinking the dates meant something about the quality of the food. Now, lots of poorly informed people throw away literally hundreds of tons of perfectly good food each year because "it has passed date". Great for sales,but completely unjustified. Dates mean something on milk and fresh meat - beyond that, not so much...  

I remember reading a couple of studies released some years back of canned goods that were recovered from the USS monitor (sank in the 1860s) and from from  river boats (sank in 1850s and 1860s). So long as cans were intact, food inside was fine well over 100 years later (researchers ate it, too).

I remember being issued canned (military) rations in the 1970s and 1980s that were canned in the 1940s (still had cigarettes in them!). They were just fine (as "fine" as canned rations can be...)

rated:
great deal

rated:
Almost everything has a shelf life (some days, some decades). Granted there is no exact science to predict absolute drop-dead dates and it is in the manufacturere's interest in having a date as short as possible.
I would be wary of using medicines significantly past their due dates
1) compund stability loss can reduce efficacy and/or lead to harmful byproducts. Additionally, this may be different from one manufacturer to another though the active ingredient may chemically be the same.
2) One cannot precisely put a safety factor/margin? When and how long is it safe to use beyond the date
3) conditions of storage
4) medicines are way more potent (and hence in mg or ug doses) than food.

I clearly remember everyone in my family getting sever diarrhea a long time ago from a perfectly intact can of mango pulp well within expiration. Turned out the polymer coating was imperfect and the inside of the can was rusting/corroding.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017