posted 2 months ago by
MISTERCHEAP
MOTY 2016

Rebate: Visa Gift Cards
Details: $15.00 Staples Visa Prepaid Card 
Learn more about the Staples Visa Prepaid Card
Purchase dates: 06-18-2017 through 06-24-2017
Postmark date: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion: Get a $15 Staples Easy Rebates Visa Prepaid Card on a Purchase of $300 or more of Visa Gift Cards (SKUs 763604, 763602, 374172, 763607, 374177, 866291) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate offer number: 17-16506

REBATE SPECIFICS:
Promotion: Get a $15 Staples Easy Rebates Visa Prepaid Card on a Purchase of $300 or more of Visa Gift Cards (SKUs 763604, 763602, 374172, 763607, 374177, 866291) at Staples Stores ONLY

Rebate Reward: $15.00 Staples Visa Prepaid Card 

Valid Dates: 06-18-2017 through 06-24-2017

Postmark date: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days

13 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
rated:
Green for finding the deal.
Didn't previous similar offers give $20 rebate card? The $15 barely covers the fees.
Only a real deal if using a cc like visa ink where you get 5% points.

rated:
brusbrother said:   Green for finding the deal.
Didn't previous similar offers give $20 rebate card? The $15 barely covers the fees.

Yeah, it's pretty much a wash. also helpful for people who have the spend $2000 get $300 type offers on new credit cards they opened who need to make $2k in charges in 90 days or whatever.

rated:
From a business standpoint, what is the purpose of having an unadvertised sale? I thought the whole point of a sale is to get people to come into the store?

rated:
I went through the ad again last night thinking there might be a gc deal for Fathers Day and because we'd had Amex last week -- they seem to run in series.
Didn't see a prepaid card deal.  Was going to check rebates but figured they've had 2 in the past month, unlikely they'd have Visa again.  
They had Visa prepaid card offers May 7, May 21 and now. 
Maybe Visa prepaid card offers are becoming the new photo paper & single reams.
Finally sold my last 2 photo paper at this year's yard sale.

rated:

What are the fees?

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   

What are the fees?

assuming a $200 and $100 PP Visa, fees would be $12.90 ($6.95 & $5.95)

rated:
fees are $6.95 for a $100 or $200 visa gift card.
There are no $300 VGC in store (on line fee is $8.95). This deal is for in store purchase.
So, if you have a CC that gives 5% at Office Supply stores, the best deal is to buy 2 $200 VGC. Net $1.10 after fees and $15 ez rebate PLUS $20 cashback from CC purchase.
$21.10 total net on purchase 2 $200 cards. Make sure you do the purchase in one transaction.

EDIT: I will defer to MC on the fees. Online states both $100 and $200 fees are $6.95 but I seem to recall MC's fee schedule last time I purchased

rated:
and 70˘ x 2 to liquidate the gc if your WM won't let you use more than one gc per m.o.

rated:
I am still missing something here, there is a fee of 6 or 7 $ to use the card?

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   I am still missing something here, there is a fee of 6 or 7 $ to use the card?
  no fee to use the card assuming you use it within specific time frame.
Charge is at the time of purchase for activation.

rated:
I just bought 2 $200 Visa gift cards for a whopping $1.10 MM a/ $15 prepaid Visa rebate card. Thanks OP.

Actually the only reason why I bit on this deal is I needed a minimum spend for my Am Ex Blue Cash Preferred card and this helped me along the way.

I also got $4.14 cash back, so all in all a $5.24 MM/

rated:
MrVietnam said:   I just bought 2 $200 Visa gift cards for a whopping $1.10 MM a/ $15 prepaid Visa rebate card. Thanks OP.

Actually the only reason why I bit on this deal is I needed a minimum spend for my Am Ex Blue Cash Preferred card and this helped me along the way.

How did you get $400 in visa cards for less that $1.00?

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
MrVietnam said:   I just bought 2 $200 Visa gift cards for a whopping $1.10 MM a/ $15 prepaid Visa rebate card. Thanks OP.

How did you get $400 in visa cards for less that $1.00?

2 x $200 Visa GC +  2 x $6.95 fee = $413.90 paid - $400 (value of Visa GCs) - $15 Visa rebate card = -$1.10 = $1.10 MM.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017