Posted with ToGo

ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Manufacturer refurbished
$39.99 Newegg
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARRIS-SURFboard-SB6183-DOCSIS-3-0-Cable-Modem-600-MHz-Dual-Thread-Processor-/291724087156 

Arrives advanced services ready Provides DOCSIS 3.0 Channel Bonding of up to sixteen downstream and four upstream channels capable of data rates of over 600 Mbps in the received (downstream) data stream and over 100 Mbps in the send (upstream) data stream 1 GHz-capable tuner; use of full downstream bandwidth to capture up to 16 DOCSIS channels for bonding; provides Spectrum Analyzer capability in every home Offers RF Immunity, built into SURFboard products since 2006, protects against potential service impacting interference Includes MoCA reject filter ensuring carefree interoperation of MoCA and DOCSIS networks

Views
7 Comments
Add Comment
Thank you

This is just what i need, in time

Great price, thanks! In for 1.

Any idea whether it can be activated on optimum?

someone reviewed:
"Ordered a refurbished unit from Woot. Shipping was on time and the modem came in a nice box indicating certified refurbished. However, when I tried to activate the modem on Comcast via phone, the rep indicated that the MAC address was already registered on someone else's account and there was no way to activate it on my account.

Anyone have this problem?

thrunner said:   someone reviewed:
"Ordered a refurbished unit from Woot. Shipping was on time and the modem came in a nice box indicating certified refurbished. However, when I tried to activate the modem on Comcast via phone, the rep indicated that the MAC address was already registered on someone else's account and there was no way to activate it on my account.

Anyone have this problem?

No, but had it happened to me, obviously I would have contacted Woot to exchange it.

For what it's worth, I've two used modems purchased at Goodwill on my (recently former) Comcast account.

One was a DMC that had clearly been used on Comcast Business (which is what I had, too), maybe even bought from them.  I was able to activate it, but when I tried to upgrade my speed, Comcast was unable to reprovision it to change the speed, because it belonged to someone else.  It took a long time for me to find a sharp tech at Comcast who could figure this out; after the first several attempts, the Comcast techs on the phone whom I talked with were completely baffled and just made up things that weren't true to explain the problem, because they didn't know the answer.  The sharp tech I finally spoke with also told me who the modem really belonged to (the specific company - I was amazed he would tell me).  But he said it was impossible for Comcast to login to it (even though I could), because it belonged to that other company.

Curiously, even though they could not reprovision it, they had no trouble at all letting me use that modem on my account, even though they knew it belonged to someone else.  Several people at Comcast told me this was OK - weird.

The second modem from Goodwill was a retail Arris SB6121.  It took Comcast a while to figure out how to activate that one, because they had screwed up my account someone.  By the time they finally figured it out - they did activate it eventually, after about five or six separate phone calls and reassurances that it really would work this time - they had doubled the price of the renewal for two years.  So I dumped Comcast for Centurylink.

Point is: modem activation at Comcast can be weird.  Sometimes it pays to call again to try someone else who might be a sharper tool in their drawer.  The first person you called might not really know the problem and just made something up to avoid saying, "I don't know."

Comcast seems to have lots of those "Dullards" with lack of knowledge working there. Can't really blame them though Comcast just wants a warm body to read the script and sell the the stuff!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017